Litigation can be time consuming, expensive and detract from core business operations. Companies facing litigation want an accessible, plain-speaking and experienced lawyer who can deliver fast, cost effective and commercial outcomes.
I specialise in insurance and commercial law, and insurance litigation. Since I commenced my career in 2006 I have acted for both Plaintiffs and Defendants in workers’ compensation, superannuation, disability insurance, medical negligence, motor vehicle accident, property damage, public liability and a range of general insurance, commercial and contractual disputes.
I specifically work with companies who want to proactively manage their workers’ compensation liabilities, reduce claim numbers and claim durations. My clients are primarily in the retail, food, manufacturing and transport industries.
Although I now work to represent defendants, my experience representing plaintiffs enables me to provide my clients with insight into the commercial pressures and other drivers that impact upon decisions made by Plaintiffs in the course of litigation.
If a matter cannot be resolved, or it is in the best interests of the defendant to proceed to litigation, my clients have enjoyed my enviable track record of success over the past few years in winning at trial. Some of my trial successes include:
- Inghams Enterprises Pty Ltd v Tat  QCA182
- Robinson v Lorna Jane Pty Ltd  QDC266
- Adlington v Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Limited  QDC 84
- Prasad v Inghams Enterprises Pty Ltd  HCASL 307;  QCA 147,  QDC 200
- Knott v The Withcott Hotel  QDC 314
- Rudd v Starbucks Coffee Company (Australia) Pty Ltd  QDC 232
- Fofana v Inghams Enterprises Pty Ltd  QDC 224
- Karanfilov v MSS Security Pty Ltd and Ors  QSC 304
- Pershouse v Sirius Observatories Australia  QDC, 9 May 2013
I enjoy the opportunity to learn the business of my clients and create enduring partnerships. I am also passionate about championing diversity in the workplace – both at BTLawyers and more broadly in the legal sector – and in particular supporting the advancement of women in the profession.
If you’ve got a question about an insurance, business dispute or worker’s compensation defendant matter, or would like help planning your portfolio legal strategy, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.