We are proud to announce that for the second year running, BTLawyers has been shortlisted for the Equity and Diversity Firm of the Year by the Queensland Law Society (QLS).
This hotly contested award is part of QLS’s annual awards ceremony. The award recognises QLD law firms which promote a sustainable, healthy and inclusive workplace culture.
Nominated firms are judged on the following criteria:
- Education initiatives in relation to diversity and inclusion
- Workplace practices that encompass the following:
- Disability, equality, gender, LGBTI, mental health, ethnicity and other initiatives and programs
- Pro-bono programs
- Flexible work arrangements
- Demonstrated positive impact from a focus on one key initiative
BTLawyers provides training to staff on anti-discrimination legislation, harassment, bullying, inclusion, sustainability and unconscious bias. BTLawyers’ flexible work arrangements enable us to live our mantra, “work smart, live well.”
Winners of the Equity and Diversity Firm of the Year will be announced at the awards ceremony on the 15 March, 2019.
Click here for more information on the award
We’ve got our fingers crossed for a win this year!
Picture (l-r) Si Si Soong (Associate), Karta Bhatia (Financial Controller), Vanessa Hernandez (Principal – Family Law), Kerrie Jackson (Director Principal), Bruce Thomas (Director Principal)