Being a practical and no-nonsense Senior Associate allows me to focus on what really matters to clients who are experiencing what can be a terribly stressful experience.
I am an outcome focused lawyer with a solid understanding of civil litigation and insolvency. I am experienced in appearing in the State and Federal Courts.
Having commenced my career in a general practice firm, I had the benefit of practicing in a broad scope of areas prior to specialising in commercial litigation and insolvency. I now specialise in contract disputes, shareholders’ disputes, debt recovery, defamation, estate litigation and insolvency.
My recent matter involvement includes:
- Representing directors in pursing and defending applications to set aside statutory demands both in the State Courts in Queensland, New South Wales and the Federal Courts.
- Representing individuals in defending bankruptcy proceedings within the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
- Pursuing and defending claims for voidable transactions under Part 5.7B of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Advising insolvency practitioners as to various matters that arise during the course of an appointment, including the recovery of voidable transactions, examination of directors and bankrupts and insolvent trading claims.
- Acting for a liquidator in conducting public examinations and advising on the prospects and viability of pursing proceedings.
- Acting on behalf of minority shareholders in a shareholder dispute and conducting proceedings for oppression within the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Acting for tenants in lease disputes.
- Advising and executing debt recovery strategies for small and medium businesses.