I employ a pragmatic approach to my clients’ disputes without applying unnecessary steps that delay results. Working closely with my clients ensures that the most effective steps are taken to reach their desired outcome.
I commenced my professional career as an insolvency accountant which assisted me to develop a strong understanding of the complex realities clients face in commercial disputes. Following the completion of my legal studies, I joined a boutique law firm specialising in commercial litigation, with many of my files concerning insolvency disputes.
I made the transition to BTLawyers in 2019 and have been impressed with their level of professionalism and dedication to helping clients achieve their desired outcomes.
My litigation experience includes:
- Prosecuting and defending liquidators’ claims commenced under Part 5.7B Division 2 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Corps Act), including the management of preference actions against the Australian Taxation Office;
- Managing bankruptcy proceedings under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Bankruptcy Act) and winding up applications commenced under section 459P of the Corps Act;
- Managing public examinations on behalf of liquidators and trustees under the Corps Act and the Bankruptcy Act;
- Pursing professional negligence claims against clients’ former advisors, including solicitors;
- Acting for a franchisee in their dispute against their franchisor; and,
- I have recently provided advice to:
- a national security firm on the new licensing regime which came into effect by the enactment of the Labour Hire Licensing Act 2017 (Qld);
- trustees on their recovery efforts against non-compliant bankrupts, including section 139ZL applications; and,
- trademark solicitors concerning the litigation options available to their clients.
For any advice on commercial litigation or insolvency matters, you can contact me on (07) 3211 2233 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org