You may have received a letter from your former partner of their mediator requesting that you attend mediation.  Or perhaps you’re contemplating initiating mediation yourself.

In parenting matters, if you have received a request to attend mediation and fail or refuse to attend, a certificate may issue against you which will then allow the other party to file Court Proceedings.  The certificate will record a failure or refusal to attend and will be filed with the Court.  As such, it is important that you do not ignore these requests.

If you are not sure of the process, or whether you should or shouldn’t attend mediation, or whether the mediator proposed is right for your matter, we can help.

If you are an existing client and would like to book a room for mediation, please email

Let’s work together

At BTLawyers, we deliver the most desirable outcomes for those we represent. We achieve this through our firm’s structure and the calibre of our team.

Book an appointment or call us on (07) 3211 2233