What I enjoy doing most is:
- Assembling a brilliant team
- Working with the team to look ahead, plan ahead and get ahead
- Helping people to perform at their best.
Common to all my previous roles is helping each organisation achieve double-digit growth and build a winning team. This includes building a winning team to deliver the largest human peace-time effort on the planet – the Olympic Games. Highlights from some of my past roles include:
- Director of Strategy & Operations with a Big 4 consulting firm – leading multi-billion dollar Mergers & Acquisitions, advising companies on business plans, business case and strategies
- Projects for departments in the public sector – WorkCover, Port of Brisbane, NSW Health, CorpTech and DET (NSW and QLD)
- Managing Director for a technology start-up delivering operational and technology solutions to the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, Rose Bowl (USA), Salt Lake Winter Olympics 2002 and Super Bowl XXXVI
- Senior leadership and advisory roles for LOCOG (London Organising Committee for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games), FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar, Baku 2015 European Games, Islamic Solidarity Games 2017, Queensland Rail (Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games) and the USA 2024/28 Olympic Bid
- 15 years of operational roles with Bonlac Foods, Pepsico, Pastiso, Competitive Foods and as an Acting Chief Operating Officer for an online international media organisation.
My role at BTLawyers is to build on our existing position as a pre-eminent law firm in the insurance sector and take us through the next significant chapter in our journey that commenced back in 2002.
My vision is for us to expand from Insurance and become the Queensland law firm best known for our brilliant legal advice in Family, Personal and Business.